The new BMW X2 xDrive25e
Compact SAC combining versatile sportiness with exemplary efficiency and an electric range of up to 57 kilometres – new design and equipment features also for the conventionally driven model variants of the BMW X2
- Start signal for the first Sports Activity Coupe (SAC) with plug-in hybrid drive in the compact segment. The new BMW X2 xDrive25e (fuel consumption in the legal EU test cycle: 1.9 l/100 km; power consumption in the legal EU test cycle: 13.7 kWh/100 km; CO2 emissions in the legal EU test cycle: 43 g/km*) offers a unique combination of extrovert design, versatile sportiness and electrified drive technology. Market launch in July 2020, price: from 47.250 Euro.
- Ongoing commitment to the BMW Group’s electrification strategy. Already four BMW X models with plug-in hybrid drive on offer. The model range of the BMW X2 represents the Power Of Choice approach in the premium compact segment: Drive portfolio ranges from efficient three-cylinder gasoline and modern four-cylinder diesel engines, new plug-in hybrid systems to the BMW X2 M35i with a peak output of 225 kW/306 hp (combined fuel consumption: 7.1 – 6.8 l/100 km; combined CO2 emissions: 163 – 154 g/km*).
- The new BMW X2 xDrive25e features the fourth and latest generation of BMW eDrive technology developed for the plug-in hybrid models. An electric motor generating an output of 70 kW/95 hp and a high-voltage battery with a gross energy content of 10.0 kWh enable an all-electric range of up to 57 kilometres in the legal EU test cycle.
- Together, the 3-cylinder combustion engine, which delivers torque to the front wheels, and the electric motor powering the rear wheels produce a system output of 162 kW/220 hp and create a hybrid all-wheel drive configuration. The new BMW X2 xDrive25e sprints from a standing start to 100 km/h in 6.8 seconds.
- The new BMW X2 xDrive25e offers attractive new design and equipment features which are also available for the conventionally powered variants of the compact-sized SAC model. New front design with taut surfaces and without fog lights, new exterior colour Phytonic Blue metallic.
- Standard LED headlights now with integrated bad weather light. Also new: Business package including real-time traffic information.
- Extensive range of BMW Charging increases comfort when charging the new BMW X2 xDrive25e enabling the driver to conduct the main share of everyday travel locally emissions-free with the electric motor alone. Optional BMW i Wallbox allows complete charging of the fully discharged high-voltage battery in 3.2 hours. BMW Charging card offers convenient access to the world’s largest network of public charging stations.
- The new BMW X2 xDrive25e enables electric driving in three operating modes. In the AUTO eDRIVE standard setting, the intelligent drive system ensures optimum interaction between the two power units in all driving situations. The MAX eDrive mode can be activated for maximum use of the electric drive up to a speed of 135 km/h. The SAVE BATTERY mode enables the driver to save battery capacity for later use when driving in purely electric mode.
- Model-specific harmonisation of the body structure and chassis for the new BMW X2 xDrive25e. Storage space is fully available in primary use due to the positioning of the high-voltage battery underneath the rear seat bench. Unlimited variability thanks to folding backrests with a split of 40:20:40. Luggage compartment capacity can be increased from 410 to 1,290 litres.
- Standard equipment including 17-inch alloy wheels, two-zone climate control, auxiliary air conditioning and hybrid-specific readouts on the Control Display. The new BMW X2 xDrive25e can be ordered in Advantage, Advantage Plus, M Sport and M Sport X trims and virtually all options of the conventionally powered BMW X2 are available for the plug-in hybrid model.
All figures relating to driving performance, fuel consumption, emissions and range are provisional.
* Fuel consumption, CO2 emissions, power consumption and range have been calculated based on the new WLTP test cycle and adapted to NEDC for comparison purposes, dependent on the tyre format selected. In these vehicles, different figures than those published here, may apply for the assessment of taxes and other vehicle-related duties which are (also) based on CO2 emissions.
Please follow and like us: