Design selections of the Skoda ENYAQ iV: The car as a home

The all-electric SUV ENYAQ iV rolls off the production line at ŠKODA’s main plant in Mladá Boleslav, making it the only MEB model in Europe outside Germany. In addition to the locally emission-free drive, ŠKODA AUTO is fully committed to sustainability. In the interior of the eco Suite and Lodge design selections, this is underscored by the use of leather, which is tanned without chemicals with an extract from the leaves of the olive tree, or the covers made from a mix of virgin wool and polyester from recycled PET bottles.

Design selections of the Skoda ENYAQ iV. Photo: SKODA

Kateřina Vránová, Head of Color & Trim Design at ŠKODA AUTO, and her colleague Stefan Webelhorst explain the selection of the many natural, sustainably processed or recycled materials.

What is the philosophy behind the new design selections of the ŠKODA ENYAQ iV?

Kateřina Vránová: For many people, the car is just as personal a place as their home. A place where you spend a lot of time and where you want to feel good. Just like in your own apartment, tastes are very different here. Some like it modern and clear, others like it exclusive and comfortable or particularly sporty. With the Design Selections, we are based on these living spaces and transfer them to the ENYAQ iV. In this way, we extend the feeling of being at home to our own vehicle. In our team, we have attached great importance to the fact that colors and materials are perfectly matched to one another. Everything should emphasize the desired attitude towards life without the customer having to worry too much about the harmonious combination of various details.

Which living environments are available in the ENYAQ iV?

Stefan Webelhorst: The basis in the ENYAQ iV 50 is the Design Selection Studio. Here the form follows the function and ensures a clear ambience. From the ENYAQ iV 60, the Selection Loft is standard and is designed in the style of modern apartments for young families. The Selections Lounge and Suite have a more exclusive and luxurious design and offer, for example, leather covers or decorative strips in a piano lacquer look. It gets sporty with the two selections RS Lounge and RS Suite for the ENYAQ iV RS. Further living spaces are planned for later SPORTLINE and L&K variants. The Selections Lodge and eco Suite are particularly close to my heart.

Why? What distinguishes these two selections?

Stefan Webelhorst: The choice of materials, the focus here is particularly on sustainability. At the lodge, we are using seat covers for the first time that are made from 40 percent natural wool and bear the Woolmark Company’s wool seal. The remaining 60 percent of this material consists of a polyester obtained by recycling used PET bottles. The covers have a very pleasant surface and ensure an excellent seating climate. They are a perfect choice for customers who care about our planet and aesthetics alike. The eco Suite is characterized by its cognac-colored leather, which is manufactured in a special way and without the use of chemicals. Instead, an extract from the leaves of the olive tree is used in tanning. This leather is also used in the exclusive Founders Edition, which is limited to 1895 copies as a reminder of the year ŠKODA was founded.

In addition to the design selections, ŠKODA has also introduced a new offer structure for the ENYAQ iV. What is this change about?

Kateřina Vránová: We want to make it as easy, clear and transparent as possible for our customers to design their dream vehicle. With the new structure, you can configure your own ENYAQ iV in six steps. After choosing the battery size and electric motor, deciding on a design selection as well as the vehicle color, chrome applications and wheels, the fourth step is the selection of special equipment. We have summarized these clearly in eleven subject areas according to option packages, such as infotainment, assistance systems, air conditioning or comfort seats. Most of these packages are available in a basic and a more extensive plus version. Step five includes individual options that are available for each model of the ENYAQ iV, such as a trailer hitch, a heat pump or a quick charge function with 100 or 125 kW. The offer of extended warranty completes the configuration.

■ Further information:

Further articles can be downloaded free of charge in the current eMove360 ° magazine. Click here!

15.04.2021   |  

Related Posts